To sweep you need to catch a kick, to catch you should go lead hand under the kicking leg rear hand over the the kicking leg so you can control and hold on to the leg. Think of a over under in grappling that’s basically what your doing grappling then cheating.
- Lift the leg up to break the balance
- Pull the leg towards you to move them to you
- Close the distance swiftly
- Push leg up during while kicking the planted leg out from under the opponent
- Watch them fall
Clinching or the Plum is FUN TO MENTAL:
- Wrapping hands around head and neck to secure plum.
- With hand over hand over palm hand over forearm.
- Placement of the forearms in front of shoulder.
- Driving the elbows towards each other in a pinching motion.
Hand over Hand grip :
- Wrap one hand around the head.
- Then place the other hand on top of that hand pulling the opponent’s head into your chest.
Variation of hand over hand is the hand over over fist or palm:
- Start with a hand over hand clinch
- Have the bottom hand and match that thumb with the pinkie
- Then wrap the palm hand around the fist hand
- Put one arm around the neck or the forearm mostly so one arm comes out over the opposing shoulder.
- Then do a hand over hand grip driving the unwrapped arms forearm into the shoulder.
- Pulling down with both arms into your chest hand over the forearm.
- Start of in the Clinch begin throwing a knee how you normally would.
- While Throwing curl the heel toward your hip to help drive the point of the knee in.
- Pulling the head down ,target or make the target of the head closer.
- Making predicting where the strike is going very difficult.
Preserving the Clinch:
Let’s say your opponent snakes an arm out and wraps your neck.
- You keep this from going from bad to worse is to relax
- Immediately find there elbow cup it and throw it up over head keeping your hand cupped on that elbow
- Within that instant attack the exposed side with straight knees and side knees weakening the opponent before reestablishing a clinch or breaking after the knees.
Over hooking to knee:
Holding the clinch say your opponent’s arms get onto your shoulder what do we do well over hooks aren’t just for the ground.
- Releasing one arm from the clinch.
- Apply the pressure on the forearm to the elbow keeping control
- With the leg corresponding with the over hook launch a knee.
- Make sure to cup the elbow and pull when attacking with the knee.
-Stay Chill Family and Folks