The Art of Combat Kinetic Linking
You can Absorb the effective and discard the limited, like the icons of fighting innovators before us.
What we Absorb?
Something that’s very practical and creative once you get the mechanics of it down is the 6, 2 combination. I love it because nobody is expecting it and once you get the hang of it both shots will cause problems. Speed is the key here doing this fast and as clean as possible will confuse your opponent the next time you do it because the 6 will look like a feint but in reality its a shot your landing and then coming over top of there defense from the uppercut to land the cross which you should really drive through. If there was ever a time to truly twist your shoulder and hips into a straight punch its when you are throwing it after your uppercut. become the new 6 god with this creative movement.
- Extend with the lead to occupy the opponents lead hand, keep them resetting.
- Drive that rear uppercut by pushing off and turning off that back foot like Mayweather did to Pacman.
- Recover quickly and come over the top focus on not looping the punch which will be the tendency.
- Instead fire from the chin straight out and let the punch carry you forward if you have to, to keep the punch crisp and fast.
- Staying defensively sound is a key to not getting countered here.
- Drilling this repeatedly will make it crisp and fluid in practice as well.
-Back to Back with the 6 and 2