The Art of Combat Kinetic Linking
You can Absorb the effective and discard the limited, like the icons of fighting innovators before us. What we Absorb? TaeKwonDo
- The kicks absorb all the functional kicks meaning any strike that has ever KO ed someone in TKD tournaments. Hook kicks, lead round house kicks, any sidekick variation flying turning lead leg kicks.
- Developing dexterity by linking kicks together on kick pads the practical use of this is the ability to through any kick from anywhere at anytime.
- But a big thing is gaining cardio by doing these kicks so you stay efficient in your striking.
What we love about this Korean Art, the the dexterity, speed, and flexibility mainly in our kicks. We start with slow technical work slow movement of the limbs holding positions until non resistance movements are crisp after mastery of the technical move to heavy resistance meaning bag work from then on. We turn the modern TKD light and fast kicks into our own quick and heavy shots think slow yoga like movements to hard and fast crashing rugby scrimmage lol. Absorb the idea of the stop hit and lead foot kicks. Why because a heavy lead leg will deter the opponent starting the hesitation process.
- Front Kick
- So take a fighting stance with a high guard and legs shoulder width apart.
- Lift your kicking leg like a high knee.
- Then extend your leg out to the target either with the rear or lead make a point of keeping line of attack straight and quick not focusing on power but on the snap and quickness.
- Fluid movement keeps this movement sneaky and accurate.
- Round House
- Basic premise is your kicking fast comes around in a horizontal arc so you end up side ways.
- Your kicking hip has to rotate up then over your non kicking hip.
- Then extend towards the target.
- This is big your planted foot has to turn out where it’s planted to in other words force that leg to go the direction your chest is facing.
-Stay Chill Folks and Family